2014 is going to be a big one for me on a couple fronts, not the least of which is that I'll have a book out. My first novel, No Fixed Address, was finished at the end of November and editing and rewrites begin in earnest sometime in the next few weeks. If I can get it traditionally published I'll go that route, but it will be available electronically one way or another, I promise. I'm actually looking forward to my first rejection letter. Is that odd?
I'll also try to finish novel #2 (tentatively titled The Book of Good) sometime before October. I picked this timeline for a couple reasons:
- It will give me time to edit and polish the first novel,
- It will leave me with the month of October to outline...
- So I can participate in NaNoWriMo again - this time to finish No Known Cure (the sequel to No Fixed Address).
|Courtesy Stuart Miles at http://freedigitalphotos.net|
- Every Wednesday we will post a prompt; sometimes just a word, sometimes a sentence, maybe even a picture
- Then, you leave a comment giving us 500 of your best words. It can be any genre or format that you wish but it must follow the prompt and it must be totally made up (please, let's give ourselves a break from the real world for a few minutes, okay?)
- The next week Gordon and I will give a shout out to the entries that we liked the best and we'll issue another prompt
- Lather, rinse, repeat
|You could win books! Not these books though, they are my daughter's. |
This pic, links to posts and other fun stuff can be found on my Facebook page