- Number of songs I like on the album (i.e. the fewer songs I skip over, the better)
- Emotional impact of the album (i.e. how does listening to it make me feel?)
- Composition of the album (i.e. are the songs arranged in an order I find pleasing?)
The first one was easy. The next four? Not so much.
Number 5: Shakespeare My Butt - Lowest of the Low
This is a really fun album with some really happy memories attached to it. If you haven't listened to this one (and a lot of people won't have) you should add it to your collection.
Number 4: Ten - Pearl Jam
I saw these guys play shows twenty years apart and the songs they played off this album still held up. This album will never grow old.
Number 3: Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Turn out the lights, close your eyes, maybe have a sandwich, and play this album start to finish. Best destresser ever.
Number 2: In The Trees - The Watchmen
Another Canadian gem. Such great lyrics and the vocals are truly a gift to your ears.
Number 1: The Joshua Tree - U2
I could listen to this album every day and not tire of it. It's the reason it's #1 and my always answer to the question, "If you were stranded on a desert island and only had one album, which one would you want it to be?"
Of course, no Top X list wold be complete without some honourable mentions! Give these a look-see. I know you won't be disappointed. I'll add more as I get around to it. For now, these will do the trick.
- The Watchmen - McLaren Furnace Room
- RUSH - Moving Pictures
- Led Zeppelin - IV
- The Beatles - The White Album
- Nirvana - Nevermind
- Pink Floyd - The Wall
- The Tragically Hip - Road Apples